Thursday, August 28, 2014

Slim Pickings

Hello!

I have been to estate sales, but haven't found much to share.  There were two sales I wanted to go to, one started at 8:30 a.m. and the other at 11:30 a.m.  I was willing to wake up early and do my hour drive, but at the end decided to make it to first sale a little late.  It was scheduled to end at 10:30 and i got there around 10:10 or so.  I for sure thought i wasn't going to find anything, but to my surprise a small patio set was there and unsold.  I had been thinking about a patio set forever and much so during the week I found mine.  Like they say if it's yours it's yours.  I will post pictures of it soon.  I also found the following doll.  At first I just picked it up because it was cute and priced at $2.00.  I was doubting the purchase, but finally just got it as it was not made of ceramic or breakable material.  Had trouble figuring out what it was made of and then i turn and look at a pewter giraffe that i have and researched pewter dolls and found that it is a Vintage Walli Ortman Hudson Pewter Figurine Girl w/Flower and found one online for $50.  It was made in the 70's.




At another sale i found this Vintage 1905 Pierce Arrow Cast Aluminum Car Plaque Midwest AA Wall Decor.  They had a whole set of these plaques but i didnt want to spend more and I just bought this one and now kick myself for it.  I went back to the sale on bargain day and of course they were gone.  Liked this one and it goes well with wall hangings that i bought at my second estate sale.  Since this sale i haven't stop going.

 Found some records, this one of La Chilindrina whom is a well known Mexican character from a show called "El Chavo del 8" and one by an orchestra.

A vintage silver spoon and a brand new puzzle. 



As always waiting to see your finds! Have a great three day weekend.






2 comments:

  1. What a steal your pewter doll was! Good finds! Thanks for linking up at Vintage Bliss Tuesdays on Woman in Real Life. The next party starts tomorrow. ;) Jo

    ReplyDelete