Sunday, September 28, 2014

Vintage Finds

Hello!
I went to an estate sale at an old barn house.  The house and barn were advertised as full and they ask for us to go with gloves, flashlight and dust masks.  Of course i didn't do that lol.  I only had like 15 minutes to shop on Friday, since I had to go to work.  In my 15 minute shop I realize I would have to go back.  They had a lot of vintage goodies, that i wasn't able to see in that short time.  I only bought some vintage bobby pins, a medication lock, an old milk bottle, vintage scissors, and a Beatles CD.





 I bought this medicine box for my meds.  I don't have kids, so i didn't really need it.  I showed it to my mom and she said, "I wonder how my pills would look in that box?"  So it's no longer mine.
copied from the web

I went back to the sale today, Sunday, which is also bargain day.  I bought this vintage iron, a box of utensils (still individually wrapped) and an apple juice bottle to put my marbles in.







They also had a lot of vintage containers and luckily this was Part 1 of the sale, so i can go back prepared to dig.

Thank you for stopping by! I can't wait to view your finds.  Have a great week!

Linking with:







13 comments:

  1. You did really well! The graphics on the bobby pins are amazing! (Rob)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Time when things were done well. Cant wait for second part of sale. Thank's for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. i am a sucker for packaging and those bobby pin boards are really charming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! My favorite is the iron in a box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun sale! Love the cutlery pattern. Thanks for linking up at Vintage Bliss Tuesdays. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! Thanks for sharing @ TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love original boxes or packaging! Finding those scissors like that would make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi, liz! i hope you don't mind me using this space to contact you. i saw the kind comments you left on 'my dear watson' but for some reason google is not allowing me to reply directly. so first, thanks for stopping by mdw! secondly, in reply to your question about the plant bugs i don't really do anything special. i just trust my eyes. if there is movement in the soil it means the roots are no longer good and the insects have taken over. i know that sometimes bugs will lay their eggs in plants so i wanted to cross it off the list to help with the flies. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course not. Thank you for responding! Thought maybe you knew how to get rid off those little mosquito looking bugs. I will be checking like you say for movement and maybe that will help.

      Delete