Monday, October 13, 2014

Weekend Treasures

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13016577/?claim=k66rs8wqhm8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
Hello!

I went to three estate sales this morning.  The first one was close to my house and was from one of the best company's in El Paso.  As I get there, maybe 5 minutes after opening.  I see no cars, no line and I go in anyway knowing it wasn't a good one.  You never know.  I went in and spend a bit and didn't find anything that i liked.  I suffer from empty hands syndrome, so I just bought a letter holder for .50.

The next sale was 20 minutes away and it was the second part of a sale that happened last week and that i couldn't attend due to me getting bronchitis.  I like the lady that runs the sale her name is Sylvia.  Only bad part is that she never posts prices on most of the items, so it is always a risk.  This house was full and it was the second part; the person was a hoarder.  There was food everywhere, a lot of course expired, but some good.  I don't buy food.  A lot to look at, but of course full of people so it is hard to move around.  This person collected a lot of different things. They had dolls, food, owls, tools, and clothes galore.  I saw a lot of people taking good stuff and I can only wonder what was gone last week.  This is the home where i found this weekend's treasures.  I found some storage bins for screws/nails, a soapstone walrus from Alaska (i think it's soapstone?? Anybody knows what it is?), a pencil that says Divad (bought because it is vintage and because my Dad's name was David and it spelled backwards).  The best find though is a bunch of 60's and 70's peanuts and other characters vintage books.  The following are my new treasures:










Also found these vintage earrings.

Vintage Crafts Encyclopedia

More vintage books. Love Dennis the Menace and just love the I love Broom Hilda.  That one i had never seen before.

The third sale wasn't good at all. I just walked around once and left.

Thank you for stopping by! Can't wait to see your finds.

Thanks for leaving comments!  Enjoy reading and meeting new people.

Linking with:

A Living Space
Sir-Thrift-Alot
Vintage Bliss Tuesday's
Thrifty Things Friday
My Salvage Treasures

10 comments:

  1. It irritates me when people don't put prices on things, because I'm kind of shy about asking. You got some great goodies! Thanks for linking up at Vintage Bliss Tuesdays. Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and you never know if you are getting a real deal or your overpaying.

      Thank you for stopping by and hosting ;)

      Delete
  2. Love the old books. Bet the vintage craft book will have some fun retro projects. Hate those unpriced sales. Seems like they look you over and then pick a price.

    You have no buttons on you blog to follow you. Have you thought about Bloglovin. It's easy and then folks won't miss your new posts. :) Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised that nobody had seen them. I saw the author, because couldn't really see the front and was like 'they are so mine." Lady in charge of sale told me that a dealer had bought a bunch and she was charging $2 to $5 each. I knew that was a lie, because bookshelf was full and no way any were missing. I didn't pay the $2 or $5 price either, got a better deal. Yes, hate that they look at you and "adjust" prices based on how you look, but that is price i have to pay because she tends to have the good sales.

      Thank you for the heads up :), i had no idea, i am barely getting this blogger. Added a new button.

      Delete
  3. the soapstone piece is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I love it! Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe, how about all those Peanut's books! I used to read those and I love the Halloween Movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little letter holder. I use mine to hold 45s that I love to play constantly. Thanks for sharing @ TTF.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that letter holder is my favorite too, I'd probably have it holding pictures. Thanks for sharing all your goodies at the VIParty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving comment!

    I had that insect book and a lot of the Peanuts books when I was a kid. My dad and I loved those Peanuts books and he'd always buy them. When I went away to camp he hid one in my suitcase for me to find.

    ReplyDelete